|Name||ALL JAPAN FOOD ASSOCIATION|
|Establishment||May 17, 2012|
|Objective (From the statues of the company)||
This corporation conducts activities to promote education on Japanese foods and Japanese food culture, and technological development, beginning from people living in Japan to across the world. This corporation educates people on foods and nutrition based on Japanese food and Japanese food culture while supporting the local food production and consumption in each region, with the aim of contributing to the further advancement and promotion of the food culture unique to Japan. This corporation conducts the following activities to achieve these objectives.
1. Research and investigation on Japanese food, Japanese food culture and technologies and their promotion
2. Educational activities to chefs for the international expansion of Japanese foods and Japanese food culture as well as their progress and development
3. Activities related to the international popularization of Japanese foods and Japanese food culture
4. Activities related to education on food and nutrition
5. Activities related to supporting local food production and consumption in each region
6. Activities related to the accreditation of chefs in Japan and its expansion
7. Expansion and promotion of each activity through food trucks
8. Public relations
9. Planning, publication and distribution of books and printed material on these activities
10. Liaison and activities for the promotion of all abovementioned activities, through the exchange and corporation with people and organizations involved with food in each country
11. Other activities necessary to achieve the corporation objectives
|Office||HULIC KAMIYACHO BLDG.3F
3-13, 4CHOME, TORANOMON MINATO-KU TOKYO 105-0001
|Message from the chairperson||Currently, there are approximately 120 million Japanese people, but in 50 years’ time there will be approximately 80 million people. Of the 80 million people, 40% will be 60 years and above, and 30% will be young people before their transition to the labor force. This means that the remaining 30% of people in this country must feed the 70% of people. The period of economic development of countries in Asia has ended, and it is likely that people in the inner regions of China will also be able to eat decent food, and there will be a population explosion in India and Africa.
By then, Japan’s current food self-sufficiency ratio of 39% is expected to be dropped to about 19%, and there are concerns of whether or not children in Japan will starve?
In response to this issue, this corporation will work so that chefs of various fields can come together and contribute to cultural development, so that, looking 50 and 100years ahead, the generation of our grandchildren can experience the rich diet we have now in Japan.
|About the logo||
The theme of this logo design is “incomplete crystal”.
The history of Japanese food has been built upon predecessors receiving various cultural influences in Japanese food culture. ALL JAPAN FOOD ASSOCIATION, which is the all-encompassing assembly of culinary professionals of various genres, are somewhat “crystals*” of the history of Japanese food.
However, these crystals are by no means complete. The history of food culture in Japan will be inherited for many generations in the future, and will continue to hybridize and evolve by receiving influences of culture and time in relation to food across the world.
*A metaphor used for the accumulation of efforts in Japanese
(Refer to Logo)